22 December 2009

Lunchtime...

It is 12.51 (lunchtime + 21 minutes) and I am stuck at my desk. Johann, the German woodworker who has a studio across from our warehouse has decided to take his lunch at our table today. I have been avoiding Johann like Hermione avoids the bathtub since my last run-in with him this Spring. I was in the Palen-Kimball lunchroom purchasing a Pepsi from the now-missing pop machine when he cornered me to scold me on the evils of consuming unnatural sugar. After 30 minutes of telling me I was obese and making an offer of his personal training services, I was able to escape with a business card, a promise to call him and the memory of the moment scarred in my brain.

Molly threw the card away for me and helped me to laugh, rather than cry, over it.

I'll be eating my sandwich and drinking my Pepsi at my desk today.